Glowing skin is an everlasting trend for me! It gives me the reassurance that I’m doing something right with my diet, skincare routine, etc…
Today’s post is all about glowing skin and how I achieve it!
Now, I’d be a HUGE hypocrite if I told you to only eat healthy because let’s be honest, eating healthy is great and all, but if you’re like me then you love indulging in a slice of chocolate cake, ice cream or even having cheat days. That is totally fine, don’t deprive yourself of certain foods. What I mean when I say eat well is to make sure you do have your daily fruits and veggies intake and make sure you include a lot of water in your diet. It’ll keep you hydrated and allow your skin to be bouncy. Who doesn’t love nice, bouncy skin and it’ll also create a healthy glow.
Stress No More
If you’re a person that stresses out over the smallest things (meeeeee) then learn to not! One phrase I had to teach myself was “If you can’t change it then it isn’t worth stressing over” and once you live by this you’ll be that much closer to not only having beautiful glowing skin, but you’ll also be that much happier!
This is such an important step that I find that everyone struggles with. How can we always care for others before ourself? My husband always says that “If you don’t take care of yourself then you won’t be able to take care of anyone else”! Self care is easy to add in your day. It could be anything as simple as having a cup of coffee in quiet, taking a day nap, leaving the house for an hour to just do something you want, getting a manicure/pedicure, taking a little walk, putting on a face mask, indulging in your favorite treat, etc… If you want, I can do a whole blog post on this because mental health is important for your wellbeing and your skin will seriously thank you!
Do NOT sleep in makeup
I know you guys have heard this countless times and that’s because it is so true! When you sleep, your body repairs itself and if you’re sleeping in makeup, how can your skin repair itself? Instead, have a skincare routine that will allow your skin to actually repair and work its magic for that million dollar glow!
Skincare products that I use daily for a glow!
I love keeping my skincare really simple because with me being a mommy of 3 and a wifey, time is rarely on my side.
- Remove makeup using Melt away Cleansing Balm because it seriously removes ALL my makeup every single time without leaving a trace behind.
- Cleanse using Aveeno Positively Radiant Brightening Cleanser.
- Tone: I just recently started toning and I don’t know why I didn’t start sooner. I use Thayers Witch Hazel. All I do is apply it onto a cotton round and wipe it on my face.
- Moisturize: Botanics Calm Moisturizer is what I use and I seriously love it. If you guys want me to do a full review on this product, I can gladly do so.
Treat my skin days!
I love treating my skin at least 2 times a week because our skin needs it!
- Remove makeup using the Melt Away Cleansing Balm
- Shave my face to exfoliate it and get rid of the peach fuzz.
- Cleanse my face using the Aveeno Positively Radiant Cleanser
- Exfoliate with Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Scrub. This product is quite gentle on my face and doesn’t leave it red or irritated.
- Apply Watermelon Sleep Mask By Glow and head to bed!
I hope you all enjoyed today’s post! What are some of your favorite skincare products to achieve “The glowy look”? Let me know in the comments below and no matter what, always remember the “Glow” comes from the inside! 🙂
Follow me on Social Media!